A 12-months Experienced Researcher (ER, 4-10 years, postdoctoral) position is open at VPIphotonics in Berlin, Germany in the field of Digital Optical Communication.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Developing new DSP algorithms using various simulation techniques
• Prototyping a DSP module for integration into the VPIphotonics software
• Coordinating the DSP-related aspects of the Transfer of Knowledge (ToK) activities
• Publishing results in peer-reviewed journals, at conferences and project meetings
• Preparation of the project deliverables and reports
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Postdoctoral position)
• Involvement in the project consortium with well-recognized project partners
• A competitive salary package and mobility allowance, in accordance with the Marie Curie IAPP programme rules and regulations
• Coverage of research- and training-related activities
• A professional working environment and a friendly team at VPIphotonics
Company information: VPIphotonics (www.vpiphotonics.com) sets the industry standard for end-to-end Photonic Design Automation comprising design, analysis and optimization of components, systems and networks. We provide flexible simulation software and design services supporting requirements of active/passive integrated photonics and fiber optics applications, optical transmission system and network applications as well as cost-optimized equipment configuration.